Friday, March 07, 2008

MGS1 script part XV

S: Solid Snake
C: Colonel (Roy Campell)

S: Colonel, I don't work for the government anymore. Let me go back to Twin Lakes.
C: I'm sorry Snake, but this vessel is headed for the Bering Sea...there's no room for debate.
S: I told you. Even if I do owe you, I don't owe anything to this army or this country!
C: You will accept this assignment.
S: Why should I be stupid enough to do that? I'm no patriot.
C: You're a natural born soldier. You're not the grow old gracefully type. It's the same for all of us who've seen real action. The only place we can feel truly alive is on the battlefield. I'm a soldier too. I know those feelings of powerlessness, frustration that you feel everyday.. Why don't you come back to us and be a soldier again.
S: You think my life is some kind of a joke?
C: Snake, I just want to give you back your purpose in life.

S: Colonel, you're retired. Why are you involved in this?
C: Because there aren't many people who know FOX-HOUND as well as I do.
S: Is that really the only reason?
C: I've been soldiering for a long time. I don't know anything else. I guess even though I'm getting a little old, I still love to be in the field.
S: Colonel, you're a lousy liar. Tell me the real reason.
C: Okay, Snake. Sorry. I'll be frank.
C: A person very dear to me is being held hostage.
S: Who is it?
C: My niece, Meryl.
S: A personal motive, Colonel...that's not very soldierly.
C: I'm retired. I'm just an old man now...and I'm your friend.
S: Since when are we friends?
C: I've thought of us as friends since the fall of Zanzibar.
S: With my personality, I don't have too many friends.
C: That's what I trust about you. It's what makes you human. Please, Snake! Save my niece, Meryl!
S: All right. But I have two conditions.
C: Name them.
S: One, no more secrets between us. I want complete disclosure at all times. And two, I'll only accept orders directly from you, Colonel. No cutoffs involved, okay?
C: Agreed. That's why I was called. But one thing...
S: What?
C: I'm not a Colonel anymore, just a retired old warhorse.
S: I understand...Colonel.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

都是英文 头晕……